Pre-Approved for HRCI and SHRM recertification credits
Diversity is no longer a nice to have it is an essential business strategy that is needed for a company to be effective in a world that is becoming more diverse by the day. Join our panel of diversity and inclusion experts for our very first Diversity Symposium to kick start the future of diversity and inclusion into the workplace.
This live virtual event will kick off with a very special LocalJobNetwork (LJN) announcement and then a brief dive into LJN’s DEI Strategy. The panel will then discuss how to build high performing teams with diversity by focusing on current conversations about race and diversity, D&I programs, metrics and employee engagement.
- Introduction – Patrick Sheahan, CEO, LJN
- Special Announcement – Cathy Hill, VP of Marketing, LJN & Patrick Sheahan, CEO, LJN
- DEI Strategy – Roselle Rogers, VP of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, LJN
Diversity Symposium Speaker Panel – 10:30 a.m. CT
- Moderated by: Tim Muma, Product Marketing Manager, LJN
- Torin Ellis, Diversity Strategist, Host of Career Mix on SiriusXM, Published Author of ‘Rip The Resume’
- Roselle Rogers, VP of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, LJN
- Stephany Rose, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Women’s and Ethnic Studies, UCCS
- Exploring best practices of Diversity and Inclusion programs
- The biggest challenges companies face in achieving diversity and inclusion
- Expectations of corporate America in light of the issues and current conversations around race and diversity
- Why companies should not be ignoring diversity and inclusion
- Employee engagement strategies
- Key metrics to help improve D&I
To reserve your spot, click the “Register Now” button. This will take you to the webinar registration page. You should then receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
How are you or have you reflected on how you interact with colleagues, people on the street, potential new hires?
When have you faced a situation where you were unsure about the experiences of others and how to react?
Many of you, as you continue to grow in your leadership roles/capabilities will be working with, hiring and serving a diverse population, with people coming from all over the world, in all shapes and sizes, we need to understand what unconscious bias is, know how to recognize it and how we can overcome it. We first need to be aware that many different types of biases are out there and how we are accountable to ourselves and those we work with. Especially now, in our current reality, this is the time and has been long overdue, to be honest with ourselves in how these biases play a role as automatic patterns of thinking, and ultimately eliminate discriminatory behaviors in how we live and interact.
We all have biases, it’s now the time to know them, learn how to overcome them and build a culture that promotes respect & engages others to be a part of the solution.
- The different types of unconscious bias
- How unconscious bias occurs in recruitment
- Ways you can normalize the conversation about race
- How unconscious bias affects the workplace
- Steps to take individually or institutionally to stop implicit bias from continuing
To reserve your spot, click the “Register Now” button. This will take you to the webinar registration page at HCI (Human Capital Institute). Click the register button on HCI and create a free member profile to register for the free webinar. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
Interested in partnering with us for a webinar?
Join us as a guest speaker in an upcoming webinar. Topics cover OFCCP compliance, Diversity & Inclusion, workforce recruiting and talent acquisition.